Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Why must school start so early??

Today was a first. I woke up when my alarm went off (no, that's not the first time I've done that -- just wait -- it gets better) I turned my alarm off and turned over. I usually do this, but I usually only doze for a couple of minutes before waking up and finally get moving on my day. Well, today when I finally got to the point of moving on my day, the clock said 8:10. For those of you who may not know, this is the time that my school STARTS. I'm supposed to be there at 7:30. Needless to say, I made a beeline for the bathroom and took one of the fastest showers of my life -- the kind that makes you wonder if you are really clean. When I got out, the school called me wondering where I was. I told them I was on my way. Fortunately, I only live about 2 miles down the road from the school, so I was there by 8:30 (like I said -- REALLY quick shower -- I even dried my hair!!) I was afraid the kids would be really disrespectful and say mean-kid stuff like, "AAWWWW, you have a tardy!" or something like that. My first comment was, "You look sleepy." They were apparently very concerned about my health (especially when they saw me that soon after getting up) Let's just pray this is the last time that happens -- it was definitely not a good start to my day!!

No comments: