Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Frogs and fingers

The past two weeks, the High School Bible class has been teaching Bible lessons for my class. They have done an awesome job so far, and I've really enjoyed having them around. I think it's been really good for all of them. This week we've been learning about Moses. Today they taught about the 10 plagues in Egypt. At the end of the lesson, they gave the kids cupcakes that looked like this:

















Isn't it adorable!! The green gobs above the eyes are marshmallows rolled in green sugar. The eyes are chocolate chips. She said it took her and her sister 2 hours to do them all!!! I can tell she really put some extra effort into it! Thanks!!!

Going backwards in time, I was playing volleyball last night -- you guessed it -- I hurt myself again. This time it was my left ring finger -- I guess I'll have to postpone my wedding a few more weeks :) That must be why I haven't gotten married until now -- God knew I would have probably needed it cut off because of the swelling. This one seems to hurt a lot more than last time. I don't think it's broken, though. My aide says she thinks she has a splint I can use to keep it stable. Speaking of which, I probably shouldn't be typing with it right now . . .

Backing up about a week, MY BABY BROTHER GRADUATED COLLEGE!!!
















We are all so proud of him!! Now he can get a JOB!!! :)
























The speaker for his graduation was Ben Stein (remember the movie "Expelled" and those eye drop commercials?)


You can sort-of see him on the screen -- please pardon the random backs of people's heads.

















So now, it's just a matter of getting through the last couple weeks of school. Only 10 1/2 more days of school left!!

(as a side note, I sent out applications to 8 different schools. Please continue to pray that God will direct the recipients in the way HE would have me go.)

No comments: