Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Science Class

Things have been crazy!! I love what I'm doing -- I could teach all day. Just PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME GRADE ANOTHER PAPER!!! I'm finally caught up (though I'm apparently working very hard to keep myself at school until 7 every night! -- my real goal is to leave by 5 or 5:30 -- it's 5:37 as I'm typing this and I still have papers to grade!!)

Report cards went out today. My first round of report cards ever -- so everyone is happy, right?? Hopefully we'll use this as a time to iron out any kinks -- that's all I have to say about that.

On to Science class -- We've been learning about invertebrates and desert animals. Today we finished up the section on Desert animals and we were reviewing for a quiz. I asked where desert animals go to escape from the hot sun.

Answer #1 -- They dig a tunnel so they can go underground.

Me -- Exactly -- it's cooler underground. Where else might they live?

Answer #2 -- They live inside a cactus -- oh, and they can invite their friends over and use the juice from the cactus and go swimming in the hot tub!

I laughed so hard at that! At least I know he understands!

No comments: