Monday, September 8, 2008

The weekend !!!!! (I guess it's over )

Over the weekend I had some time to relax a little, sleep a little, and . . . o.k. I did grading and school stuff most of the time. I did have one great highlight, though! I was grading journal entrys -- we did one on our monthly character trait. Each month, the elementary principal teaches the students in chapel about a specific character trait and they work on developing it throughout the month and the remainder of the year. They journal by writing the definition (this month was orderliness), and the Bible verse that goes with it (I Corinthians 14:40 -- Let all things be done decently and in order). They then give some examples of how to they can show orderliness. As I was grading these, I was looking at some older journal entries so I could comment on them. One student had written about his summer. He went to Hershey Park with his friend and their family. He said they "rode the Super-Duper Looper and we really Duped our loops!!" I just started cracking up right there. That's one good point about living by yourself -- you can laugh out loud as loud as you want and no one gets annoyed with you!!! I said something to him today, and he just grinned! I have a great class this year!! I'm still a little worried, though. Last year I had an even number -- 12 girls and 12 boys. This year, I have 14 boys and 10 girls. That's a lot of boy!!!!! I guess that just means I'll have more . . . . interesting stories to tell!!!

No comments: