Friday, January 9, 2009

It makes me tired.

This is what one of my students wrote for why they didn't like the book we just finished in Reading class. The book was called Secret in the Maple Tree. One part of the book report we did together said to tell whey they thought it was or was not a good book. Most of my boys said it wasn't good because it wasn't very exciting or it didn't talk about boys enough. I'm o.k. with that. I'm still trying to figure out how to rate, "It made me tired".

If you're familiar with the story, it's about a girl named Hilda. In one part of the book, she visits a friend who has small pox. She eventually came down with small pox herself. Or, if you are another boy in my class, she had chicking pots. I would have to say this student has some of the most inventive spelling I've ever seen. He has a very "West Virginia" accent, and spells EVERYTHING just like it sounds -- with that accent!! It's absolutely adorable! It doesn't help his Spelling grade very much, but it does make me smile!

No comments: