Monday, April 6, 2009

testing . . . and help needed !!

So this week is Achievement Testing week. This is sometimes a lot of fun -- a different change of pace. I can tell the kids are REALLY ready for Spring Break -- it must be rubbing off from their teacher! We tested all morning, then in the afternoon, we started working on "The Great Mail Race" If you're not familiar with it, it's a project where the class writes to another third grade class in each of the 50 states. The goal is to learn about all the states, how other Christian schools operate, and how we are the same or different. I think I need to change my strategy, though. I was just having them write in their own words and giving them ideas of what to write. This was going pretty well, until one of them decided that some important information they just HAD to include in their letter was the fact that I'm not married. I read it and just looked at him and said, "This isn't a dating service!!" I think we're definitely going to a form letter tomorrow!!

Another project we've been working on is Flat Stanley. This is a cute little book about a boy named Stanley who had a bulletin board fall on him while he was asleep. He was smashed flat enough to fit just about anywhere - even a mailing envelope! One of my "mom's" took pictures and they each made their own "Flat _______". They made one for me, but I haven't sent it anywhere yet. I'm going to look really bad when the due date comes and my little Flat Kelly hasn't gone anywhere! Anyone want to tackle this project?? You can put your address as a comment and I'll delete it so only I will see it. HELP!

1 comment:

Karen @Snakes-Snails-Puppydogtails said...

I told you you could send it to me.. not exciting like Chile or anything!