Thursday, October 11, 2007

I know, I know

I haven't been the most faithful blogger in existance. What, did you expect me to post every day like I did the first week?? :-) I would like to, believe me!! But as it is, that has been impossible. I had mid-quarter grades due the first week, papers I was behind on as a result of that, and then Heritage Festival weekend last weekend, with more papers I'm behind on.

But enough complaining . . . for now!

I also changed the bulletin board in the hallway (I share it with the 2nd grade teacher and it's my month to decorate it) It looks really cute -- I'd show you a picture, but I left my camera at my apartment and I don't have internet there. I made a scarecrow and used some letters and a tree from one of my classes in college and it turned out to be pretty cute! I also had them trace some leaves and write what they like about fall on them. Some of them had some pretty interesting things on them, but I'll save that for when I actually have a picture.

One of my girls said something absolutely hilarious yesterday. We were walking to the classroom before school started. She somehow was on the topic of eternity and being in Heaven after Jesus returns. She said "the Christians will be in Heaven with Jesus. Um . . . yeah! And satan will be locked away in his own portal of death!" It was all I could do to not just start busting out laughing right there. I had just never heard it worded quite that way! Puts a new perspective on it, doesn't it!?

Anyway, I found out that I may be losing another student to financial needs. She seems upset about it, and apparently this has happened before, but they didn't pull her out. We'll see what happens. On the other side of the coin, the second grade teacher just started a new student on Tuesday! I can't imagine! I just hope they don't try to fill her empty spot with a new student for me! I guess if they do, I'll just roll with it like I always do.

Well, I should go -- I have lesson plans to do still and a mountain of papers to grade. I'm grading journals today -- I'll try to update on that as soon as I can.

One more funny story: For a recent language test, they were asked to write a declarative sentence of at least 5 words. One student wrote: When I get to Heaven, I'm going to ride on golden dirt bikes. This counted, but also earned him a smiley-face! :-)

1 comment:

Karen @Snakes-Snails-Puppydogtails said...

Bout time! Aim for once a week! That shouldn't be too much. Just a picture would count too!
Sounds like school is going well even if it is challenging! BEWARE the portal of death...funny, very funny...true though!