Tuesday, May 13, 2008

WOW!!!!!!!

So I was right -- they did give me an AWESOME gift for Teacher Appreciation week. As some of you may remember, my laundry situation is . . . frustrating. I casually mentioned this to one of my "moms" -- not even thinking about anything coming from it. She arranged a "conspiracy" and had parents send in money to give to me on Friday. They gave me $200!!! She said it was for me to buy a washer and dryer. I stood there thinking, "this is great, but I'd need twice this to get both!"

But she wasn't finished yet!! She said that one of my students has a grandfather who sells used washers and dryers and, if I'm interested, he has a set for me for that price!!! I was soooo excited!! BUT WAIT -- THERE'S MORE! (I feel like an info-mertial) A few minutes later, I was opening other cards, and one student's mom had written me ANOTHER check for $100!! Later, my "conspiring mom" told me the first set they had was for $300, so that must be why the mom did that. Either way, I feel VERY blessed to have such giving parents.

Lest you think this is the end of the story, God's blessings just keep getting better!! I was telling my friend, Karen, about this when I was at her house Friday afternoon. Her dad piped up and said, "I have a stacking unit I'd sell you for $150, if you want it." God is so good!! Now my biggest decision is do I want separate units, or a stacking unit -- this is where my Dad's advice comes in. So, by the end of the week, I should either have a washer and dryer, or at least know where they are coming from!!!!! What a blessing!!

I've also received some other gifts I'll try to post about later, and more info on my eventful weekend. But for now I wanted to share this!!

God is good -- all the time!!

No comments: