Friday, November 14, 2008

AUCTION!!! (and Christmas -- yes I said Christmas - decorating)

Being a teacher at a Christian school means LOTS of fund raisers (not that public schools don't have them . . .). Our main fundraiser each hear is our annual auction. Each class creates a "project" to sell at this auction. This year, my parents decided to do a cook book/scrap book of the kids. I suggested they get a generic apron and iron on a picture of the class and have them sign the bottom. They then put these two items and LOTS of cooking supplies in a cute basket as our class project. I'll fill you in on Monday for how it goes (I'd do it sooner, but I don't have internet at home). The other item turned out really cute. I'll try to get a picture of it up sometime, but it's a little kitchen painted with the school's colors and mascot. I called it the "Falcon's Nest Cafe" (since our mascot is the falcon . . .) Anyway, it turned out to be really cute!

One reason I've not posted for a while is the crazy-hecticness of my life right now. Not that other people don't have hectic lives . . . .

Last night was the FINAL CLASS for my tax course!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!! Now I'm ready to start part-time after school in January. Hopefully this will ease some of my financial tensions (oh, and pay for my ticket to Chile!)

Speaking of Chile . . . ONLY 8 MORE DAYS!!!!!!! I'm so excited to see my friend Teresa again!!! She will be one of only about a half dozen people I'll actually understand. I need to start choosing friends in English-speaking countries!!! (just kidding, Teresa!!)

Since I'll be gone for Thanksgiving, I've decided to skip these decorations at my apartment and just skip straight to Christmas. My goal is to have my tree up before I leave. I would like to have it up in my room, too, but I'm afraid that would just drive my sub NUTS! Then again . . . rather the sub than me . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . hmmmmmmmmmm . . . . . . .

Well, I need to get going. The auction starts soon and I need to get grades posted and assignments on the web site.

Don't be afraid to leave a comment. The extra approval is just a precaution. I don't want any too personal information showing up on my blog. If you're wondering anything about this, just send me a note on facebook. (or add me as a friend if you haven't yet -- I'll take all the friends I can get!!!)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Have fun in Chile:) Take lots of picture!!!

Anonymous said...

I will be your first person to comment. You said nothing too personal, right, so that would mean not saying things like, I don't know, umm... a person who breaks into houses to shower???? Anyway, I just want to say that I will definitely be praying for you while you are in Chile. Not that I am not praying for you already. ;-)

Jeannine said...

I personally believe that it's never too early to put up a christmas tree. So my vote is one up at home and one at the school before you leave. Just my humble opinion :)
Hope you have a great time in Chile.
love you,
Jeannine (your favorite cousin)